Irrigation Sales Manager
Irrigation Sales Manager
Job Title: Irrigation Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Managing Director M&S
Summary: The Irrigation Sales Manager reports to the Managing Director M&S and will have responsibility for developing and growing our Champion Irrigation business within the assigned geographic region. This position will develop specific growth strategies to generate leads, sales and market awareness directly leading to revenue growth in the assigned markets. This position will monitor and capture opportunities with wholesale distributors, national accounts, contractors, governmental agencies, and private developers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develops and directs the execution of a local/regional/national marketing plan in order to establish and maintain effective client profiling activities to identify opportunities.
• Develops and implements sales plans, objectives and forecasts, and directs the execution of approved sales plans, marketing programs, and promotional activities of new and existing services and products.
• Generates targeted annual revenue growth through leading direct sales activities including opportunity identification, pipeline management, evaluation, negotiations and deal execution, focusing on wholesale distribution sales and contractor product acceptance.
• Solidifies, strengthens, and proactively expands Champion Irrigation relationships with our industry clients.
• Documents sales activities in CRM, both completed and planned, to capture relationship histories and to drive the sales process forward while tracking KPIs.
• Monitors Sales KPIs for calls, visits, and opportunity generation. Generates monthly reports of sales activities for review by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational and Skill Requirements:
• Three to five years of relevant work experience including familiarity with sale of products to Wholesales Distribution, Contractors, Builders, OEM partners, Municipalities or other local government entities required. Plumbing and Irrigation product sales experience highly desired.
• Experience as a Regional Sales Manager, Outside Sales Representative, Business Development Manager, Contractor Sales Manager or related professional preferable.
• Ability to present Champion Irrigation product and value propositions to current and future customers, municipalities or other industry entities.
Understanding of wholesale distribution sales model within the plumbing and irrigation market helpful.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and lead sales forecasting activities, budgets, and performance goals. Strong emphasis in new customer acquisitions and development, valuations, and competitor analysis.
• Ability to use industry and customer research to develop sales pricing, discounts, budget forecasts, sales strategies and growth potential.
• Clear understanding of customer procurement processes to include negotiation and contract execution.
• Proven ability to balance multiple competing priorities, meets deadlines, be responsive and thrive in a team environment.
• Communication – Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, excellent presentation skills, able to communicate at all levels with both internal and external executives, customers, and municipal officials.
• Leadership and Teamwork – Ability to interface and effectively work with various groups and cultures involved (partners, government, agencies, contractors, operations, etc.), and gain alignment to achieve objectives.
• Ability to travel 50% or more of the time.
Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, document and database software (MS Office, Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat). Advanced capabilities with Excel and CRM systems required; familiarity with ERP systems preferred.
An employee in this position typically works in an office environment with controlled climate. Outside office travel to customer sites is included.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work with computer systems for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, distance vision and close vision.
Click Here if you would like more information about this opportunity or to submit your resume.
Arrowhead Brass is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.